Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Blessing Imitation

Pulling up  to a house
Knowing I'll have a loving friend
To greet me at the door
Turn the keys on my car
The engine dies
I hear the excited barking
I get closer to the door
Whimpering is coming from underneath
As I crack open the door
A big black ball of fur pushes it open
Happy to greet me
A small horse of a dog almost tackles me
He sits beside me not wanting me to leave
As if I'm going to leave again for good
After he comes out to see me
Two more smaller creatures file out
A smaller dog and a cat
The cat is just about as big as the small dog
The bigger dog has long black hair
He has the mentality of a child
Loves Everyone but is especially loyal to his owner
He is a kind dog
Loving every day of his life
If only he was mine and not my brothers

2 comments:

  1. Any pet owner can relate to this experience. I have 3 dogs and 3 cats and I love the greetings when I get home. I enjoyed your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the last line is quite surprising. Given the attention you're paying the dog in this poem, one would think he is yours and not your brother's :)

    ReplyDelete